Ellendale home damaged in morning blaze

A blaze engulfed a two and a half story home in Ellendale March 10 around 11:10 a.m. causing an estimated $75,000 in damages.

An investigation by the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office revealed that the fire started in the attic area of the structure and was caused by an accidental electrical malfunction, according to Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal Harry Miller.

The Ellendale Volunteer Fire Company, assisted by Milton and Carlisle fire companies, extinguished the fire.

Fire fighters arrived on scene to find fire showing from the second floor of the structure.  No injuries occurred and the building was not occupied at the time of the fire. No working smoke detectors were located in the residence.  Occupants of the building are currently staying with relatives.

The Milford Chronicle is proud to deliver news to the Greater Milford Community. Follow @ChronicleNews37 on Twitter.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.