Argument leads to gunshots and two men jailed in Milford


Eric Harris, 41

Eric Harris, 41

MILFORD – A heated phone call escalated to a car having its windows broken out and a house filled with 11 people being shot up early Saturday morning.

According to Milford Police Detective Dwight Young, at 2:07 a.m., Oct. 31, police were dispatched to the 100 block of West Street after receiving reports of multiple gunshots in the area.

When they arrived, investigators learned that Eric A. Harris, 41, of Lincoln, and Joseynazio “Jose” Colombo, 28, of Milford, had been reportedly arguing on the phone before Mr. Harris came to the West Street residence.

Mr. Colombo, armed with a crowbar, allegedly exited the house and tried to strike Mr. Harris several times before going to his car and smashed all of its windows out.

After reportedly breaking the car windows, Mr. Colombo went back into the house.

Joseynazio Colombo, 28

Joseynazio Colombo, 28

Mr. Harris then allegedly retrieved a shotgun from his car and started shooting at the house. Mr. Harris then found a metal pipe and lobbed it through a window at the home.

“There were a total of 11 people inside the residence when the shots were fired. Five of the 11 were children ages 2 years old, 1-year-old, 5 years old, 17 years old and an 8-month-old. No one was injured inside the residence,” said Det. Young.

Det. Young added that Mr. Harris allegedly tried to stash the shotgun in a neighboring yard before police arrived in the area.

“The shotgun was later located by the Milford Police K-9,” said Det. Young.

Mr. Colombo was charged with aggravated menacing and criminal mischief more than $1,000 but less than $5,000. He was arraigned and committed in default of $3,000 secured bond.

Mr. Harris was charged with 11 counts of first degree reckless endangering, five counts of endangering the welfare of a child, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited and criminal mischief more than $1,000 but less than $5,000.

Mr. Harris was also wanted on active capiases out of several courts. He was arraigned and committed in default of $57,000 secured bond.

Delaware State Police assisted Milford Police during the early Halloween morning incident.

Managing Editor Logan B. Anderson can be reached at Follow @LoganBAnderson on Twitter.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.