Houston woman harms officers during arrest

A 24-year-old woman was arrested Monday, Feb. 15 after contributing to a domestic dispute, resisting arrest and harming an officer.

The arrest stemmed from a domestic incident that occurred at a residence located in the 200 block of Marshall St. In Milford on the evening of Feb. 6. 

a-remingtonAshley J. Remington of Houston was charged with assault in the second degree, injuring a law enforcement officer, felony resisting arrest with force, assault in the third degree, criminal trespass in the first degree and criminal mischief under $1,500. 

Milford police officers responded to the residence Feb. 6 after receiving a report of a domestic dispute. Upon arriving, an officer made contact with Remington and the 43-year-old male victim. 

Remington was intoxicated and refused to obey the officer’s commands. 

Remington proceeded, cursing at the officer and breaking the male victim’s belongings inside the residence. As the officer attempted to take Remington into custody, Remington struck the officer in the torso. 

She continued to physically resist being taken into custody by the officer. During the struggle, the officer received an injury to the hand.  

As another officer arrived, Remington continued to physically resist briefly before being taken into custody. 

An investigation at the scene revealed that Remington had showed up at the male victim’s residence after being advised that they were no longer in a relationship. She climbed on the roof of the residence but was seen by the male victim. Remington was encouraged to exit off of the roof and speak to the male victim inside the residence. 

Once inside, Remington became irate and refused to leave. She began hitting the male victim in the face and head. 

Once Remington was transported back to the Milford Police Department and placed in the holding cell, she became more irate. Remington rammed her head into the wall inside the holding cell. 

Remington attempted to do it a few more times as the officer held her, keeping her from doing so. Medical personnel from Station 42 responded to the Milford Police Department and transported Remington to a nearby medical facility for treatment and evaluation. 

Remington was arraigned and released after posting $7,500.00 secured bond.

The Milford Chronicle is proud to deliver news to the Greater Milford Community. Follow @ChronicleNews37 on Twitter.

You are encouraged to leave relevant comments but engaging in personal attacks, threats, online bullying or commercial spam will not be allowed. All comments should remain within the bounds of fair play and civility. (You can disagree with others courteously, without being disagreeable.) Feel free to express yourself but keep an open mind toward finding value in what others say. To report abuse or spam, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box.